'tis the season...

…for pancakes!

Pancakes, whipped cream, and sprinkles–where could they possibly go wrong?


Wombat IDE - A bug fix and a timing function

First, a bug fix in leaf?. It now does what it’s actually supposed to and return #t if and only if the objust is a tree with both subtrees satisfying empty-tree?. Second, cpu-time has been redefined to only count time spent on actual processing (and not on output / Java wrapper code) while the old functionality has been renamed to the function real-time. Small and simple, but it’s still worth a new version.

read more...


Wombat IDE - Big fixes and confusion removal

A small list of bug fixes first:

  • Updated draw-tree to use ovals instead of rectangles to match the old version
  • Fix error messages with functions whose names end with ?
  • Added better error messages for division by 0, particularly for the function /
  • Removed whitespace at the ends of files and lines on save
  • Fixed automatic indentation on the first line of a file
  • Removed formatting from the undo/redo stack (as it’s automatic anyways)

read more...


Wombat IDE - Automatic updating

For a while now, we’ve been using Java Webstart to keep local copies of Wombat updated but I’ve been having issues keeping everything up to date. It doesn’t seem that I’m the only one either. So I’ve started writing my own update system, using a simple version file on the servers on campus that will automatically be fetched to verify that all of the files are up to date.

read more...


Wombat IDE - A bunch of new procedures

I’ve added a bunch of new procedures today, mostly to improve compatibility with Chez Scheme and the like. All together, I’ve added these functions:

  • cpu-time - get a timestamp to use in timing function runtime

read more...


Wombat IDE - Minor bug fixes

Just a few bug fixes this time:

  • A few fixes for error message related to incorrect usage of car and cdr to better match what Chez gives
  • Tweaks to clean up the build system
  • Fixed the JAR signing system to automatically sign JARs only if they’re out of date (prevents Webstart from re-downloading them)

Wombat IDE - Bug fixes and new image code

First, bug fixes: Fixed an issue that made the C211 libraries disappear on a reset list should be printed as a procedure (rather than a type) Fixed a problem where reload would fail Fixed a problem where the wrong procedure name would be printed in errors in make-image and image-map Added code to automatically add a git tag on deploy (based on the version number) Also, I’ve rewritten the image code (especially read-, write-, and draw-image) to make them significantly faster.

read more...