For me, Toy Story falls at just the right time for a blast of nostalgia. It came out when I was a kid and I watched it over and over again. Somehow, Toy Story 2, despite only coming out 4 years later, just doesn’t hit the same mark. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still a good fun movie and worth watching, but… it’s just not quite as good.
Buzz Lightyear: Woody, stop this nonsense and let’s go.
Woody: Nah, Buzz.
Woody: I can’t go. I can’t abandon these guys. They need me to get into this museum. Without me, they’ll go back into storage. Maybe forever.
Buzz Lightyear: Woody, you’re not a collector’s item, you’re a child’s plaything. You - are - a toy!
I do love the initial cast, but there are a number of new additions that work out well: Joan Cusack as Jessie is great. Having a Mrs. Potato Head, also great. The best part is probably Wayne Knight as (baddie toy collector, how often do you get to say that?) Al McWhiggin. I didn’t realize who that was, but hearing his voice… yeah that’s so very Nedry from Jurassic Park
Overall, worth an occasional watch and I think the children enjoyed it, but certainly not in the category of rewatchable over and over again.
Ranked: 2022 Movie Reviews
- Spider-Man: No Way Home
- The Matrix Reloaded
- The Matrix
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Everything Everywhere All at Once
- Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
- Thor: Love and Thunder
- Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
- Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
- Underworld: Evolution
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi
- Toy Story
- Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts
- Toy Story 2
- The Grinch
- The Star
- The Land Before Time