🎵 You’ve got a friend in me 🎵
Oh Toy Story. A solid animated kids’ film that started Pixar’s decade’s long line of wonderful animated films. It’s a great film that for the most part holds up even now. Well worth the re-watch.
I do love the humor. HTe interplay between Tim Allen’s Buzz and Tom Hanks’ Woody. Absolutely great.
Woody: All right, that’s enough! Look, we’re all very impressed with Andy’s new toy.
Woody: T-O-Y, Toy!
Buzz: Excuse me, I think the word you’re searching for is “Space Ranger”.
Woody: The word I’m searching for - I can’t say, because there’s preschool toys present.
The animation for the time was absolutely impressive–but they really did make the right choice in animating toys as the main characters. The plastic slightly odd movements really work for toys–for the few human characters and dogs… less so. It’s still acceptable now. 27 year old (wow) technology and all that.
I think I’m going to try to work through all of Pixar’s movies this year. So far, I think I prefer Finding Nemo, but not by much.
Over the year… Toy Story shows it’s age. It’s still very very good, don’t get me wrong.
Ranked: 2022 Movie Reviews
- Spider-Man: No Way Home
- The Matrix Reloaded
- The Matrix
- Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End
- Everything Everywhere All at Once
- Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest
- Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
- Free Guy
- Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
- Thor: Love and Thunder
- Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
- Underworld: Rise of the Lycans
- Underworld: Evolution
- Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides
- Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi
- Toy Story
- Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
- Harry Potter 20th Anniversary: Return to Hogwarts
- Toy Story 2
- The Grinch
- The Star
- The Land Before Time
And finally, because it’s stuck in my head…