Every year, a reading list. I didn’t make 120 books per year last year. As mentioned, I was doing pretty well until. And then October hit, with a pile of birthdays. And November, with NaNoWriMo. And then the holidays. Thanksgiving. Christmas. So I think this year, I’m going to back down to 100 again, trying to hit that by the end of October. Then I can read with less pressure through the rest of the year.
First, I have all of the series I’m either finishing from last year or rereading/re-listening too because of a new entry:
|Fiction||2*||Finishing from 2019|
|Email Book Club, Fiction||2*||Finishing from 2019|
|Audiobook, Fiction||20*||Finishing from 2019|
|Audiobook, Fiction||16||Reread with a new sequel|
|Audiobook (?), Fiction||4||Reread with a new sequel|
|Audiobook (?), Fiction||5||Reread with a new sequel|
|Fiction||2||Reread with a new sequel|
That’s already a 62 books, so should hold me through half the year (if I keep up 10 books a month as long as I can).
After that, I have a few non-fiction books I wanted to read (and already own):
After that… I think I’m going to try something new this year.
I have such a crazy to-read list (back up to 593, and that only counts the first book per series) that I can never choose in a way that’s satisfactory. Plus, I want to write more programming posts this year (I haven’t for months now…).
So my goal is before I run out of books on my reading list, I will create a tool that can read in my Goodreads shelves, weight books on various criteria (what I’ve read recently to create variety, prefer books I already own, prefer a wider variety of authors), and give me a mostly random set of 3 to choose from.
Here will be my list of reviews (it will update as each one is added, or you can subscribe via RSS):
Posts in 2020 Book Reviews:
- 2020 Reading List
- Letter to a Suffering Church: A Bishop Speaks on the Sexual Abuse Crisis
- Vixen 03
- A Show of Force
- The Weak and the Innocent
- Hyperbole and a Half: Unfortunate Situations, Flawed Coping Mechanisms, Mayhem, and Other Things That Happened
- Night Probe!
- Deep Six
- Where Are You Going, Baby Lincoln?
- Francine Poulet Meets the Ghost Raccoon
- That Which Other Men Cannot Do
- Midnight Curse
- Blood Gamble
- Shadow Hunt
- James Herriot's Treasury for Children
- Digital Minimalism: Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
- Frog and Toad Storybook Treasury: 4 Complete Stories in 1 Volume!
- Sufficiently Advanced Magic
- Learn You a Haskell for Great Good!
- A Little House Picture Book Treasury: Six Stories of Life on the Prairie
- On Writing and Worldbuilding, Volume I
- On the Shoulders of Titans
- A Little House Christmas Treasury: Festive Holiday Stories
- The Future of Feeling: Building Empathy in a Tech-Obsessed World
- George and Martha: The Complete Stories of Two Best Friends
- Mad About Madeline: The Complete Tales
- Happy Little Family
- The Boxcar Children
- City of Stairs
- The Complete Poetry and Prose
- The Road Not Taken and Other Poems
Previous years, if you’re interested: